languages.conf

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Sat Apr 5 03:54:53 IST 2003

Hi,

I started using the Spanish translations in my test environment and found a
couple of problems...

All the mailers I have (Pegasus & Outlook for windows, plain old "mail" and
elm for linux) don't correctly interpret MIME header encoding for unknown
headers (e.g. X-MailScanner-SpamCheck:), so they look awful when they are
encoded...

This doesn't lead to a clear solution, since you _do_ have to encode 8 bit
headers, but I was wondering:

Do all texts that go into headers come from the languages.conf file?

Do all texts that are in the languages.conf file go into headers?

If both are true, at least in Spanish, I could edit them so they _don't_ have
8 bit characters, either by using other words or by, like in pre-MIME times
replacing accented characters (or the infamous "ñ") by non-accented
characters.

If one of the premises is not true, could you identify which are the
words/phrases that go into the headers?

Another one: shouldn't these settings (in MailScanner.conf) be commented out?
and be defaulted from language.conf entries? This would help towards
internationalization... obviously, if entries in MailScanner.conf would
override the defaults:

Clean Header Value       = Found to be clean
Infected Header Value    = Found to be infected
Disinfected Header Value = Disinfected
Information Header Value = Please contact the ISP for more information

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby