Problems with F-prot working with zipped files

Larry Candelario l_candelario at CRC.UPR.CLU.EDU
Fri Apr 4 21:59:13 IST 2003

Thanks Julian,

I had a little mix-up going on, since I was using instructions from the Open
WebMail site (which is where I got to know of MailScanner) and those
instructions where for the 3.22-10 version, though I did indeed download and
install 4.13-3.

I decided to delete all directories/files of MailScanner,
downloaded/installed 4.14-9 following your instructions for Linux-RPM, and
now all four EICAR files are being detected properly.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Larry Candelario