Problems with F-prot working with zipped files

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 23:21:08 IST 2003

At 21:57 03/04/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm running Linux Red Hat 8.0, installed OpenWebmail 1.90, and recently
>installed MailScanner 4.13-3 with f-prot 3.12d.
>
>I modified mailscanner.conf to use f-prot instead of Sophos:
>Virus Scanner = f-prot
>Sweep = /usr/local/f-prot/f-protwrapper

That's not a MailScanner 4.13-3 option, that's one from version 3. Please
check the version you are running and the location of the configuration
file you are editing. Something is wrong here.

>Modified viruses.to.delete.conf to use f-prot's definitions instead of Sophos

Again, that's a version 3 file.

I have just tested the F-Prot 3.13 scanning functionality in the latest
beta release and it is working fine. Happily detected viruses in zip files.

--
Julian Field