Exchange/Outlook client configuration

Craig Pratt craig at STRONG-BOX.NET
Thu Apr 3 20:46:37 IST 2003

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 11:28  AM, Nicholas Esborn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a MailScanner deployment for my (primarily Outlook) user
> base.  The biggest problem I have yet encountered is how to configure
> Outlook.  I've found a successful Rules Wizard configuration, but that
> method is difficult to implement for ~800 users.
>
> How have other MailScanner sites with Outlook clients handled this
> problem?
>
> -nick

Are you talking about filtering your spam into a separate mailbox
folder? Any other outlook-related configuration doesn't have much to do
with MailScanner.

We use procmail to put messages identified as spam (currently using the
subject line) into each user's "Bulk" folder, which is viewable via
IMAP. This also allows the user to find any misclassified e-mails and -
when we enable it - users can place false negatives in there for Bayes
filter training. You can also run a daily job to purge old messages out
of this folder. All this happens server-side - no outlook rules and
such.

Craig

---
Craig Pratt
Strongbox Network Services Inc.
mailto:craig at strong-box.net

--
This message checked for dangerous content by MailScanner on StrongBox.