Reject mail to certain local adresses

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Sun Sep 29 17:02:51 IST 2002

Hi!

Is it possible to have mailscanner reject e-mail messages to certain
e-mail adresses??

I get tons of spam on some non-existent e-mail adresses (for example
www at mydomain.com).

I use the linux box as a mail router before it goes to an Exchange box.
The exchange box does archive the incoming/outgoing mail by using an event
sink but I would like to stay clear of all this spam.

I also have another question. I try to block some spam from certain
domains by putting the domain name in the /etc/mail/access list under
REJECT.
Mail from these domains still gets through however.
Is this because the linux box is only routing the mail and it isn't being
blocked because the mail isn't really (locally) inbound? Or is the problem
that these e-mails have an e-mail adress claiming to be from:
spammer at link2buy.com but the domain of the sender is
optitarget-29onlinecash at server1.bb02.net for example??

Thanks for any input!

Remco