Sendmail Questions ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at LEENX.CO.ZA
Fri Sep 27 08:25:23 IST 2002

Greetings ...

        First I would like to thank everybody on this list, just reading alot of the
mail has helped me, not just with mailscanner, but with sendmail too.
Thanks guys.

        Now, more a sendmail question, but related to mailscanner.

 >Edit   /etc/sysconfig/sendmail  then restart sendmail.
 >>I changed my /var/run/sendmail.pid  for "/usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q5m" and
 >>restart the mailscanner, but nothing.
 >>
 >>what can i do for change this
        Does mailscanner use the value in /etc/sysconfig/sendmail for queue timing?
  I think not, but that is my first question.

        Second, I would like to use mailscanner on a few servers with dial up
accounts, which means I use the "expensive" option in the sendmail.cf file,
but if I use mailscanner, it does not wait to be sent,  plus I then also
have problems with quick local delievery.

        Could I ask for help with this.

Thanks.
Mailed
Lee