ANNOUNCE: Version 3.23-3 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 18:22:25 IST 2002

At 15:43 25/09/2002, you wrote:
>One more question. In 4.00, will virus infected Iframe messages be clearly
>identified as both (reporting the name of the infecting virus in the message
>to the user and the fact of being affected by a 'Microsoft security attack')?

Yes.

>Just because, at the moment, the Microsoft check completely hide the virus
>infection and this can let users inquire the Postmaster about actually junk
>virus messages.

Indeed, the V3 code isn't the ideal solution, but I'm trying to ramp down
the amount of work I do on the V3 code so I can concentrate on getting V4
going well.

In V3 it's a pain (the way the code is now) to get the attachment name out
that's got the IFrame in it (just a fact of the way I wrote it). I'm not
saying it's impossible, just that I'm reluctant to spend too much time on
it. Hope you understand.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ