ANNOUNCE: Version 3.23-3 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 18:39:51 IST 2002

At 15:18 25/09/2002, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
> > Just 1 minor bug fix. Doesn't affect actual functionality, but stops the
> > mail log swearing like a trooper. And yes, it really does fix the bug, not
> > just change the log message...
>
>should this fix the:

>email goes
>body and
>wondering

Unfortunately, it appears that the MIME-tools modules don't cope with
message/partial very well, even with the 2nd patch applied. When I create a
new top-level MIME entity to replace the message/partial structure, it
doesn't realise it needs to merge this into the new headers. The result is
that the resulting message isn't very tidy. However, I have checked the raw
contents of the 5 messages produced by it, and none of them actually
contain any data from the original attachment. Quite what Outlook Express
makes of it, I haven't been able to try yet (I've spent my afternoon up to
my neck in 6ft racks, RAID arrays and SGI fileservers).
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ