syslog not defined?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:01:07 IST 2002

Julian,
  No, unfortunately, it is not running.  I am assuming that it is crashing
because of the syslog error.  Is it possible it might be crashing for some
other reason?  Unfortunately, I am not getting anything logged to the syslog
for it so I can't get a hint.  Is there a debug mode to run mailscanner that
might give me more information when trying to start up?
  Is there a trick to get it to avoid the syslog issue?  This is a bit
strange since 2.6 never gave me errors.
 Tim

tyler at beloit.edu