syslog not defined?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 18 22:27:59 IST 2002

Can you check that, after it printed this error, MailScanner isn't actually
running? MailScanner now tries to start the syslogging without needing a
UDP socket open to your syslogd, but backs off and tries the old way if
that failed. So it's quite possible that this error is harmless and
MailScanner is still running after it prints this error.

At 21:13 18/09/2002, you wrote:
>Mailscanner,
>   I tried to upgrade from mailscanner 2.6 to 3.22.14 but I got this error
>when starting it up:
>
># /var/spool/mailscanner/bin/check_mailscanner
>Starting virus scanner...
>Your vendor has not defined the Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG at
>/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/aix/Sys/Syslog.pm line 277.
>
>I am running AIX4.3.3.
>
>Any suggestions for resolving this?  Note: I didn't get this error with 2.6.
>
>--
>Tim Tyler
>Network Manager - Beloit College
>tyler at beloit.edu