sweep and Norton

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Thu Sep 19 15:26:46 IST 2002

Ok, I need help with sweep.pl.

I am testing out MailScanner and Nortons Carrier Scan/Command Line
Scanner.  I've gotten it to work OK, but wanted to see it I could make
it better.

Background:  Norton Carrier Scan is network based. the Command Line
Scanner is a small utility to permit scanning from the command line.  It
just sends the file via the network and waits for a response.
        It has an option to tell the scanner to search a local file, and since
I run the Scanner on the same system where the files are located i want
to use this feature, cause its faster.

        Here it the question: i need to pass the absolute path to the command
line scanner.  I know MailScanner sends the relative path, so how can I
change this?

--
Tom DuVally
Lead Sys. Programmer