multiple mailscanner instances?

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Sat Sep 14 05:59:40 IST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 22:50, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:49:46PM -0500, Jim Levie wrote:
>
> > Obviously, we can't yet "see the design" of the V4 scanner, but I'm glad
> > to hear that it takes care of this need.
>
> I suspect that is why it was 3x faster ;)  Although I didn't notice how
> many processes Julian used by default.

Ever since he mentioned the speed improvement I had wondered if the
redesign included multiple scanner instances. I can see some places in
the V3 version that I suspect could be improved and which would make it
faster when large input queues are encountered, but I wouldn't expect to
see a 3x change from just that.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.