ANNOUNCE: 3.22-13 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 10 11:59:39 IST 2002

At 11:26 10/09/2002, you wrote:
>Hi Julian,
>I'm new to the list and to MailScanner. Thanks for the program.
>I just recently installed MailScanner (about a week ago). Are there any
>upgrading instructions? I did'nt see any on your site.

Save a copy of your mailscanner.conf somewhere safe.
rpm -Uvh mailscanner-3.22-13.i386.rpm

Go through the new mailscanner.conf file, adding the customisations you had
in your old one. You probably don't want to just over-write the new one
with your old one unless you can be sure that no new configuration options
have been added since you last upgraded.

Furthermore, there are some Raq4 instructions on the net written by some of
my users. Go a google search for "raqfaq" and "cobalt" and you should find
them.

>One other question. I'm running a Cobalt Raq4. It all looks like it
>installed successfully. The only other potential problem I've had is e-mail
>being sent through a PHP mail form multiple times. Have you run into this
>problem before?

You sure it's not caused by people double-clicking on the "submit" button
in the form? Very common problem.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ