A couple of questions

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Sep 5 12:53:50 IST 2002

One of the machines I have MS installed on is a RAQ too and I also had
the problem of the init script not killing the mailscanner process.  I
had to modify the init script to kill 'perl' instead of 'mailscanner'.
Luckily, I don't have any other perl processes running on that box :)  I
know it's not a clean fix, but it works.  Below is the stop section from
my init script.

stop)
        # Stop daemons.
        echo    'Shutting down MailScanner daemons:'
        echo -n '              MailScanner:       '
        killproc perl
        echo
        echo -n '              incoming sendmail: '
        killproc sendmail 2>/dev/null
        echo
        echo -n '              outgoing sendmail: '
        killproc /usr/sbin/sendmail 2>/dev/null
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/mailscanner
        ;;

Mike