Attachment scanning problem

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Thu Oct 31 17:10:24 GMT 2002

> I solved it by changing all references to /var in my mailscanner.conf
> to /data/var . A better (general) solution might be to automatically
> resolve all the symlinks in $BaseDir so that it is in the same form as
> the McAfee output. Or maybe a simple warning comment in mailscanner.conf
> would be sufficient.
>
> Arjen
I think that warning is in there already. At least in my version.
# Note: If your directories are symlinked (soft-linked) in any way,
#       please put their *real* location in here, not a path that
#       includes any links. You may get some very strange error
#       messages from some of the virus scanners if you don't.
#

--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications