delete msgs in RBL

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 14:51:03 GMT 2002

At 02:53 30/10/2002, you wrote:
>How would I setup MailScanner (version 4.04-1) to delete all messages that
>are coming from host/IP in RBL?  Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Are you using SpamAssassin as well?

If you aren't using SpamAssassin as well, then
         Spam Actions = delete
will do the job.

If you are, it's not that easy as you want to delete a message if it is in
the RBL but not if SpamAssassin reckoned it was spam. The easiest way to do
this is to do it in sendmail so the message never even hits your system.

It can also be done in a short custom function if you have to do it in
MailScanner for some reason.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ