Linux Free / Commercial Anti-Virus Packages

Andrew G Allen mail at projectandrew.com
Tue Oct 29 23:38:05 GMT 2002

Just thought I'd start a useful list. Update/append where you know the
answer, and correct me where I am wrong :)

Product      Code Status  Free?             Auto-Update Script inc. with MS
Sophos       supported    No, £95 per year  Yes
McAfee       supported    No, £?            Yes
CommandAV    supported    No, £?            No
InoculateIT  supported    No, £?            No
F-Prot       supported    No, £?            Yes
RAV          supported    No, £?            Yes
Nod32        supported    No, £?            No
F-Secure     beta         No, £?            No
Kaspersky    beta         No, £?            No
AntiVir      unsupported  Yes               No
Panda        unsupported  Yes               No
ClamAV       unsupported  Yes               Yes
Trend        supported    No, £?            No

Other Linux Packages (not currently supported by MailScanner)
BitDefender, www.bitdefender.com/html/bd_linux.php

Andrew G Allen
email: mail at projectandrew.com | voice: +44 (0) 7958 540596

--- Disclaimer ---
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
system manager.