Newbie Questions on v4.03-1

Jeff Lee jeffl at SYSCON.EE.UNSW.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 29 11:40:58 GMT 2002

Dear list members,

I installed ver4.03-1 + rav with sendmail on sunday, it went smoothly.
Standard configuration in MailScanner.conf is used. I did a couple of i
tests and found:

        1. It scans incoming mails if they are originated from external
                (from other hosts - i.e. via "smtp").

        2. No scan was done for incoming mails originated from itself
                (i.e. if mails from userA to userB or root all from
                 the same host!)

Questions:
        1. Is observation in 2 normal (i.e. as per designed) ?
                If no, what have I missed out ?

        2. If 2 is normal, how do I set it to scan the mails for
                case 2 ?

PS: I looked through the mail archives and can't find anything
        about it.

Any suggestions, pointers or help are very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

        - jeff
--
   | K.B. (Jeff) Lee                   |                            |