Using a Ruleset for SpamAssassin Prefs File

Paul Houselander paul_houselander at BRISTOL-LEA.ORG.UK
Tue Oct 29 11:52:17 GMT 2002

Im a bit of a newcomer with Spam Assassin.

I have it working fine on my RedHat 7.2, MS 4.03-1 set-up

However I relay mail for a lot of different domains (we look after a load of schools) and want to be able to have a different "spam.assassin.prefs.conf" per domain. I tried setting it as a ruleset but it complained with

Oct 29 11:31:58 testbox MailScanner[6037]: Value of spamassassinprefsfile cannot be a ruleset, only a simple value

I can see I can set various settings per domain e.g. High SpamAssassin Score etc.. but I want to define my own rules e.g. the

header   DODGY_TEXT  Subject =~ /some dodgy text/i
describe DODGY_TEXT  xyz School dont want this
score    DODGY_TEXT   15.0

and it only applies to one domain.

My question is, in the current version is their a way of accomplishing this? or is the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file global.

Thanks

Paul Houselander
Network & Intranet Support Officer
Bristol City Council