Directorys in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

Paul Houselander paul_houselander at BRISTOL-LEA.ORG.UK
Tue Oct 29 08:48:21 GMT 2002

MessageMy initial question did not relate to a cobalt, but I do have access to a Raq4 so tried it out and have the same problem with the init script not successfully stopping MailScanner, however it does work fine on my RedHat 7.2 system.

On the cobalt, the pidofproc function in /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions does not return anything.

However, after comparing the pidofproc function on the cobalt and redhat systems I added (after making a backup of "functions")

   # Next try "pidof"
        pidof -o $$ -o $PPID -o %PPID -x $1 || \
        pidof -o $$ -o $PPID -o %PPID -x ${base}

To the pidofproc function on the cobalt, now the init script works fine and is able to stop mailscanner.

As Cobalts are strange beasts I dont know whether this is going to break anything else, but seems ok at the moment.

Cheers

Paul

----- Original Message -----
  From: Gavin Nelmes-Crocker
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 5:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Directorys in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

  this also matches with mine and a a couple of others problem but on a Cobalt RaQ in the the init script doesn't stop the mailscanner has the init script got broken somewhere? this section seems to be related to all the PIDs for mailscanner but its commented out and I couldn't find any killproc info for Mailscanner in the init file - but then this bit is a bit of mystery for me anyway.

  # Get a string of all the PIDs of MailScanner
  #MailScannerPids() {
  #       cd $PIDDIR || return 1
  #       PIDLIST=`ls | grep '^MailScanner.' | sed -e 's/MailScanner.//g'`
  #       echo PIDLIST
  #       return 0
  #}

  Regards

  Gavin
  ps I also have a whole bunch of PIDs in /var/spool/Mailscanner which don't get deleted