Still battling with V4 and RaQ

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sat Oct 26 22:21:12 IST 2002

RAQ's have symlinks all over the place.  Make sure your
/var/spool/mqueue and /var/spool/mqueue.in ARE on the same filesystem
and not symlinks.  If they are symlinks, move one or the other to the
same filesystem to replace a symlink.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Gavin Nelmes-Crocker
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 4:13 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Still battling with V4 and RaQ

ok well I tried a different approach this time by upgrading to 5.6.1 and
then installing still some symlinking but not too bad.

Now I'm trying to get it actually work - it starts up ok but the mail
wasn't being processed so thinking this was tweaking required in the
conf file I played about now I think I have it right

#
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue.in

# Set location of outgoing mail queue.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue/q1

but then I get this error

[root MailScanner]# /var/spool/mqueue.in & /var/spool/mqueue/q1 must be
on the same filesystem/partition! at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 555

as far as I can see both of them are on the same filesystem/partition am
I being stupid? or just missing something basic I seem to have taken 3
steps forward on the install but several back on getting it running
before I had it scanning but sendmail didn't deliver.

Regards

Gavin