RuleSets

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Oct 26 13:37:34 IST 2002

At 03:50 26/10/2002, you wrote:
>Is there a sequence. Should not default come at the end as it is the one
>that needs to be matched last in the chain of rules?

They are checked in sequence, except for the "default" rule.

>What other keywords can we use. Does FromTo mean FromOrTo or FromAndTo?

I believe I answered this one the other day, but that may have been off-list.
The first word on the line must be 1 of the following:
(1)     - any word containing "from"
(2)     - any word containing "to"
(3)     - any word containing "from" and "to"
(4)     - any word containing "and"
in any combination of upper and lower case.

(3) applies to any message coming from *or* going the addresses in the
rule, or both (ie incoming, outgoing and internal mail).
(4) applies to any message coming from *and* going to the addresses in the
rule (ie internal mail).

So you can make it look like just about anything. Any text that is not one
of "from", "to" or "and" is silently ignore, so "From_Our_Network" is a
perfectly valid way of saying "from".

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ