"Greetings"

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Oct 25 16:46:36 IST 2002

Julian,
   I vote for #1 (virus), since this is a "social engineering" virus,
aka "trick the user into doing something stupid" virus.

When I saw the Sophos blurb this morning, I put both the "FriendGreetings.com"
domain and the entire class C netblock "65.89.168." (the hosting ISP for them)
into my sendmail block lists, and modified my junkfilter/procmail rulesets to
trap anything with the subject line.  No mercy for these creeps.

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842
** phone: 207-872-3659 (fax = 3076)