getting spamassassin to work

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Thu Oct 24 06:17:45 IST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 23:49, Steve Barber wrote:
> I've got 4.02-2 running on Solaris with sendmail and Sophos, and that part
> is working great.  However spamassassin doesn't seem to be doing anything.
> How should I configure it if I want to use spamassassin but don't want
> either spamassassin or mailscanner to do RBL checks?
>
> The scores I'm seeing suggest that AWL is working but nothing else seems
> to be adjusting the scores.  I just sent a message with several spam phrases
> and it came through untouched.

The message sample you showed clearly indicates that the source address
is whitelisted, so you won't get a SpamScore header. Since there's no
way that you'd have my address in your SpamAssassin whitelist, I've
taken the liberty of sending you a message that is certain to result in
a SpamScore header. If you don't see it there, then there's a problem.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.