Spam Assassin driving me starkers!

Sean Embry sean at NISD.NET
Wed Oct 23 18:56:12 IST 2002

I'm trying to find out where the local.cf file should go/be to control
SA config.
(RedHat 7.3, MailScanner 4.01-8, perl 5.6.1, SpamAssassin 2.43)

I've changed settings in:
/etc/mail/spamassassin
/usr/local/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.43/rules
/usr/share/spamassassin

I'm trying to tweek hitpoints for various rule sets, and I'm not seeing
things change.

I've also changed required_hits from 5 to 9, but my headers still say
required_hits is at 5.
I've also tried to change required_hits in the above local files too.
No luck.

I'm stopping (twice) and starting MailScanner between tweeks and
testing.

service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner start

Roll out on the project is fast approching (Friday night), and I would
like to have SA on line too.