simple question about new feature: mail can be archived or forwarded to another address

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 18:06:31 IST 2002

At 15:28 23/10/2002, you wrote:
>The syntax for this in the .rules file would be:
>
>From:   user.who.sent.the.mail at domain.com
>address.where.i.want.mailforwareded at domain.com
>like this?
>
>I want mail from the first address to be also forwarded to the second
>address.  I am thinking this may not be right as it is not working.

Does the filename contain ".rules" at the end? It's a bit tricky for MS to
know whether you mistyped a directory name you wanted to archive into, or
else gave it the name of a rules file.

Also, I'm worried that your .rules file appears word-wrapped. Check that
nothing nasty has happened to the file and that it does consist of

From: sender at address archive at address

>Thanks,
>-Ryan
>

>Mike Kercher wrote:
>
>>Yes...by using a simple ruleset, you can tell MS to archive mail to
>>and/or from a particular user to the location you specify.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ