simple question about new feature: mail can be archived or forwarded to another address

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 17:58:13 IST 2002

At 13:36 23/10/2002, you wrote:
>Saw this new feature in version 4 -Mail for any group of users can be
>archived to a directory or forwarded to another address. The original
>recipient should not be able to detect this has happened, if you choose
>not to tell them.
>
>Will this work for outgoing mail as well, say all outgoing mail from a
>particular user?

Yes. It will work for any mail going through MailScanner.

Just be very careful you don't do anything "dodgy" with this option which
might have severe legal implications for you (depending on your country's
privacy laws). I added the feature because someone wanted it, and they
convinced me that there are legal uses of it. In the UK I wouldn't touch it
with a 10 foot barge pole!
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ