ANNOUNCE: more bug fixes (extra)

Ben C. O. Grimm mailscanner-sub at WIREHUB.NET
Tue Oct 22 21:47:32 IST 2002

SORRY, this is the correct evaluation ..

On 22 Oct 2002 22:27:07 +0200, Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
wrote:

> Try what I've just posted on the web site.
> If you want to do it by hand, change MessageBatch.pm line 561 from
>      next if $message->{deleted} || !$message->{stillwarn};
>      next if $message->{deleted} && !$message->{stillwarn};

1. new pm's in place

2. [ values unchanged ]

Deliver Disinfected Files = no
Silent Viruses = W32/Bugbear.dam W32/Bugbear at MM W32/Klez.e at MM W32/Klez.h at MM
W32/Yaha.e at MM W32/Yaha.g at MM
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no

3. [ alternating values ]

Deliver Cleaned Messages = no

Sender does get notified about silent viruses (bad).
Sender gets notified about 'regular' viruses / filenames (good)
Postmaster gets notified about silent viruses (good).
Postmaster gets notified about 'regular' viruses / filenames (good).

Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes

Sender does not get notified about silent viruses (good).
Sender gets notified about 'regular' viruses / filename (good)
Postmaster does not get notified about silent viruses (bad).
Postmaster gets notified about regular viruses / filenames (good)