MailScanner and Sophos - missing main virus data

Joel Colvin joelc at CTCHOUSTON.COM
Tue Oct 22 20:41:06 IST 2002

I get the following error during each process of mail:

Error initialising detection engine - missing main virus data

All other parts of MailScanner work fine.

I've installed today's version of MailScanner, installed SpamAssassin,
downloaded Sophos libc6 version and put it in /tmp and then ran
Sophos.install.  Spam detection works good and I do not get any errors
when manually running the Sophos sweep command on individual files so I
assume it's a config problem on my end.  Any ideas?

Joel