ANNOUNCE: more bug fixes

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 20:47:10 IST 2002

At 20:32 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>On 22 Oct 2002 21:31:04 +0200, Julian Field <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
>wrote:
>
> > At 19:45 22/10/2002, you wrote:
> > >a) .conf (I tagged likely causes with (*)):
> > >
> > >(*) Deliver Disinfected Files = no
> >
> > You hit the nail on the head there.
> >
> > Can you try the attached Message.pm and MessageBatch.pm please?
> > If it works okay I'll release it as -7.
>
>Before I try that .. is that in line with this:
>
>Deliver Disinfected Files = no
>Silent Viruses = W32/Bugbear.dam W32/Bugbear at MM W32/Klez.e at MM W32/Klez.h at MM
>W32/Yaha.e at MM W32/Yaha.g at MM
>Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no
>Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes
>
>?

Yes. If "Deliver Cleaned Messages" was set to "no", it was deleting the
message to stop it being delivered. That also stopped any
warnings/notifications being sent about it.

It still gets deleted but another flags "stillwarn" gets set which triggers
the warnings/notifications to still be sent even after the message is
deleted. "deleted" isn't as major as it sounds, it just deletes the message
off disk and sets a flag in the data structure.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ