Installation experiences on SuSE 7.3 - sendmail-tls

Roland Ehle novirus at CARLO65.DE
Mon Oct 21 10:26:06 IST 2002

Hi,

First of all thanks very much to Julian for the great job on Version 4.

Just a few comments to the installation, which I did on my SuSE Linux
7.3 Server:

I had Version 3.24-1 installed recently and before I started
installation I deinstalled the old version with rpm -e mailscanner.

1. installation from RPM with the install.sh Script did not work,
MIME-Tools were not installed successfully, so final error message was
something like "Mailscanner needs MIME-Tools >4".

2. Second error message said "MailScanner needs sendmail". This was
obviously due to the fact, that I have sendmail-tls installed. Maybe you
can add sendmail-tls to the dependencies in future, to prevent this
error message

3. I finally went through the installation procedure step-by-step, by
installing the perl packages manually and finally installing Mailscanner
with rpm -Uhv --nodeps. This worked and after mv
/etc/Mailscanner/Mailscanner.conf /etc/Mailscanner/mailscanner.conf new
version runs.

Regards,

Roland