Spamassassin works but not with MS - Solved

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Sun Oct 20 21:42:49 IST 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 11:01, Stephen Lee wrote:
> I'll just have to wait for real spam to arrive. BTW, SpamAssassin itself
> detects the test spam message just fine. I hope I haven't screwed-up a
> perl module or perl itself!

I guess something went wrong with either the perl module installations
or Perl itself. I ended up reinstalling Perl and the modules to fix the
problem and now SpamAssassin works!

For those that care, the problem seemed to be that the modules installed
in /usr/local/lib/perl5/ but perl was looking for some of them in
/usr/lib/perl5/. I suspect the mess was the aftermath of an old
CPAN-auto-installed version of perl 5.6.1. It has since been removed and
a Trustix RPM version installed.

Thanks for all your help,
Stephen