Spamassassin works but not with MS

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Fri Oct 18 19:01:01 IST 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 10:44, Julian Field wrote:
> >The other issue I have is that I'm forwarding spam from another server
> >which has almost the identical setup as the problem server (same version
> >of MS, SA, Perl and OS). The mailscanner.conf files for both machines
> >are identical. The "good" machine tagged the above message as spam and
> >had the following header portion:
>
> I'm not too well up on the AWL implementation within SpamAssassin, but it
> possibly depends at least partly on the IP address of the SMTP client that
> sent the message to your SMTP server. If you are forwarding from another
> server, clearly the client IP address will be different which will affect
> the behaviour.

As Matt suggested, I remove the old auto-whitelist and restarted MS -
but spam still slip through. Again it could be because I am forwarding
known spam from my own account to test. I also turned off auto white
list in mailscanner.conf and restarted MS. AWL is off but still spam not
detected:

I'll just have to wait for real spam to arrive. BTW, SpamAssassin itself
detects the test spam message just fine. I hope I haven't screwed-up a
perl module or perl itself!

Thanks,
Stephen