ANNOUNCE: Version 4 released

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sun Oct 20 17:03:49 IST 2002

I just installed V4 (rpm).  I did not reuse my old .conf file as there
are not THAT many modifications to be made.  One problem I had was the
following complaints:

Syntax error(s) in configuration file: at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm line 717
Unrecognised keyword "highscoringspammodifysubject" at line 459 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm line 720
Unrecognised keyword "highscoringspamsubjecttext" at line 464 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm line 720
Unrecognised keyword "requiredspamassassinscore" at line 604 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm line 720
Aborting due to syntax errors. at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm line 725
We haven't got any child processes, which isn't right!, No child
processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 190.
We have just tried to reap a process which wasn't one of ours!, No child
processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 193.
[...]

I removed the symlink /opt/MailScanner, restarted MS and no more
complaints.  Not sure why MS was still referring to /opt/MailScanner <?>

Mike