mailscanner-newbie: mails are created funny

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Oct 19 19:02:13 IST 2002

At 18:54 19/10/2002, you wrote:
>Am Samstag, 19. Oktober 2002 11:36 schrieben Sie:
> > I have just partially re-written the page
> > http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.sht
> >ml so hopefully it is clearer and easier to read and understand.
> >
> > If you have any more comments, let me know.
>
>As you already noticed I am not very experienced in setting up
>mailservers with virus protection ;-)

We all had to start somewhere...

>I will have sendmail running with f-secure in an production
>environment with approximately 100 users. I'll send you a report
>about the system and the BETA-status f-secure implementation in
>about 2 weeks.

You have got the latest release of f-secure, haven't you? They published a
VERY important security fix recently, after I pointed out to them that
f-secure quietly ignored any file whose name started with a "." :-(

BTW I have just added support for ClamAV (open source), many thanks to
Adrian Bridgett <adrian at smop.co.uk> for contributing this.

Jules
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ