Languages - (was RE: Comments on version 4.00.0a13-1)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 14:20:18 IST 2002

At 13:58 17/10/2002, you wrote:
>I'll try to send you my French report files.

Thanks!

>Could you add another config option in MailScanner.conf:
>Reports Location = /etc/MailScanner/reports/fr  # or en, de, ...
>Then we would not have to change all the reports locations individually:
>Stored Virus Message Report = stored.virus.message.txt

This would actually make life harder if you had a fairly complex
multilingual setup that used rulesets to derive the filenames of the
reports, as the "Reports Location" would have to change as well as the
"Stored Virus Message Report" filename. But then again, that won't hit most
people, so I might do it anyway :-)

You'll discover in the production release if I actually got around to doing
it...

>As for the translation of McAfee output, I prefer you not going into
>this since it is very product and language specific.

Don't worry, I wasn't going to ;-)

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ