Languages - (was RE: Comments on version 4.00.0a13-1)

Patterson S.R. S.R.Patterson at SOTON.AC.UK
Thu Oct 17 09:18:41 IST 2002

Just out of interest is there any thought on adding some form of locale
support in Mailscanner?

I'm thinking of an option in the config file like "Software Language =
fr", then you'd have a directory structure like:

Mailscanner/
        etc/
        bin/
        languages/
                fr/
                        strings.pl
                        virus.warning.txt
                        sender.warning.txt
                en/
                        strings.pl
                        virus.warning.txt

The text files would naturally be translated into a sensible default
message in each language.  The strings.pl file would contain something
like:

$langstring['fr'].containsvirus = 'contient le virus';
$langstring['fr'].isstarting = 'MailScanner commence';  (whatever!)

Then the code would be genericised, replacing all static text strings
with $langstring["$config.language"].staticstringkeyword

Or has this already been done, I must admit I'm not managing to keep up
at the moment?

Steve
--
Steven Patterson MSci OCP.  Tel: +44 (0)2380 595810
Primary Information Services Support and Development