FollowUp: SV: SV: SV: SV: Spamassassin and header tagging

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Wed Oct 16 21:12:18 IST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 14:21, David Lancaster wrote:

> Jim's patch is quite useful, and has made a number of the "advanced" users
> here quite happy.
>
> One suggestion, the patch adds the (by default) hash(#) symbols to the
> begining of the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck header, which may break filters
> setup by users who are already filtering on the beginning of the
> header.  Adding it to the end should minimize the breakage while easily
> allowing this great enhancement. I also changed it to round the number of
> #'s down instead of up.

You should probably take a look at the newer patch I posted a yesterday.
I works like the V4 code does and doesn't modify the
X-MailScanner-SpamCheck header. Instead it creates a new header
(X-MailScanner-SpamScore) which only holds the character representation
of the SpamAssassin score. Converting to that will ease the transition
to the V4 code later.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat
jim at entrophy-free.net