FollowUp: SV: SV: SV: SV: Spamassassin and header tagging

David Lancaster dml at UNB.CA
Wed Oct 16 20:21:48 IST 2002

> >I know that you are trying to get v4 "out the door", but I'd invite you
> >to take a look at my previous message in this thread and consider using
> >that patch (or a modified version thereof) in the v3 code. There are a
> >lot of differences between v3 & v4 (and I think they are good) and I'm
> >sure that there will be folks continuing to use the v3 code for a while
> >yet until V4 stabilizes and other things that a site might have that are
> >dependent on the V3 structure and files can be re-done for v4. The
> >SpamScore capability could be something that others still running V3
> >might find useful.
>
> Fair point.

Jim's patch is quite useful, and has made a number of the "advanced" users
here quite happy.

One suggestion, the patch adds the (by default) hash(#) symbols to the
begining of the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck header, which may break filters
setup by users who are already filtering on the beginning of the
header.  Adding it to the end should minimize the breakage while easily
allowing this great enhancement. I also changed it to round the number of
#'s down instead of up.

diffs available.

Just my $0.02

David