ORDB-RBL timed out and was killed

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 23:26:44 IST 2002

At 23:20 10/10/2002, you wrote:
>After upgrading from an older verion of MailScanner to
>MailScanner-3.23-4, my ORDB has been timing out:
>
>/var/log/syslog before:
>Oct  3 05:53:29 mail1.ihs.com mailscanner[25975]: Message g93BpIli028175
>is spam according to ORDB-RBL
>
>/var/log/syslog after:
>Oct  3 06:27:51 mail1.ihs.com mailscanner[22276]: RBL Check ORDB-RBL
>timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 7

Does it keep timing out or just the first time?

There is some really weird interaction going on that is stopping the first
forked process from operating 100%. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be a
serious problem (one missed ORDB check is hardly the end of the world) but
I haven't managed to find it yet.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ