V4 installation problems..

Youn Gonzales ispmgr at CLAS.NET
Thu Oct 10 19:11:12 IST 2002

*doh!*

I had added them, but I was modifying /opt/MailScanner/etc/mailscanner.conf
instead of /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.

/me ducks and covers

Youn Gonzales
System Administrator
Comptia A+, Network+, INET+,
Cisco CCNA/CCDA Certified Technician
Microsoft Certified Professional

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words.
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must
use the words. Philip K. Dick

> At 15:56 10/10/2002, you wrote:
> >Got most everything straightened out, but I am getting this error when I
> >start MailScanner. I looked back through the config file and didn't see
> >anything obvious. Any ideas?
> >
> >Syntax error in line 0, value "" for nameprependsubject is not one of
> >allowed values "yes","no" at MailScanner/Config.pm line 1018
>
> You need to add the 2 extra lines into your mailscanner.conf file. They
are
> present in the one I distribute, they aren't in your one (and you're
> running a version of V4 in which the "default values" mechanism is
broken).