Content Checks:

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 17:28:24 IST 2002

At 17:20 08/10/2002, you wrote:
>In the new version 4.009a Build 7 for Redhat, i`ve this error from the
>server.
>Content Checks: Detected Microsoft-specific exploits in g98FXBV24623 at
>MailScanner/SweepContent.pm line 109

It's not an error. It scanned a message and found either <IFrame> tags in
it, or <Object codebase=...> tags in it. You can turn these checks off in
the latest versions if you want. But I take no responsibility for any nasty
Outlook attacks you might let through if you turn the checks off...

(For the lawyers out there, I take no responsibility for anything anyway, I
don't even accept responsibility for not accepting responsibility :-)
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ