keyword catch

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Mon Oct 7 14:33:15 IST 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 08:07, Chris Campbell wrote:
>      Hey, I know that mailscanner is mainly a "virus scanner", but with
> your leaps and
> bounds in the security department (outlook, Eudora fixes, GIF email tests,
> and now HTML ->
> plain text), I was wondering if it would be possible to have a config file
> that listed line by
> line string searches.  For example, we get hundreds of porn spams a day
> that are *very*
> similar, and blacklisting the sender does not help, as they spam from
> 1232rwdae3ea at domain.com.
> They just change a couple letters in their email address and send the next
> day fine.  Blocking
> the entire domain is not an option.

Are you not using SpamAssassin with MailScanner? If not you ought to
consider doing so. You can add a local rule(s) to SpamAssassin that
ranks a particular string match high enough to push those messages
containing the string above a "High Scoring Action" and such messages
can be dropped by MailScanner.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat
jim at entrophy-free.net