keyword catch

Chris Campbell Chris.Campbell at FAC.COM
Mon Oct 7 14:07:33 IST 2002

     Hey, I know that mailscanner is mainly a "virus scanner", but with
your leaps and
bounds in the security department (outlook, Eudora fixes, GIF email tests,
and now HTML ->
plain text), I was wondering if it would be possible to have a config file
that listed line by
line string searches.  For example, we get hundreds of porn spams a day
that are *very*
similar, and blacklisting the sender does not help, as they spam from
1232rwdae3ea at domain.com.
They just change a couple letters in their email address and send the next
day fine.  Blocking
the entire domain is not an option.

I am basically wondering how hard it would be to allow for certain string
matches.  By matching
any email that has "Free Porn" in it and tagging that message as *Spam* , I
could block hundreds of
offensive emails in a day.
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin