MRTG Graph

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Sun Oct 6 04:06:23 IST 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Matt wrote:

> > Tell me, when this is what your're looking for (otherwise i assume that
> > the kind of graphic people suspect from MRTG is something completly
>
> http://www.beepum.com/files/router.gif

now i've got this:
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~janssenm/logstats/rrd/

it's a pity that none of our server has got both spam-detection  and
enough load for virus :-)

mail, spam, virus - day, week, month, year

the colors are hard coded. I'm not convinced that it's useful. And i can't
say if i got a problem with timezone or "daylight saving time" (both are
the same here and now). But it's a start.

maybe better x-achis-lable. Perhaps lower resolution for daily graph. And
a smooth-function for the yearly graph (and totally disregard of the
hills-and-valley monthly one). Im realy fond of the weekly graph.
It looks damned cool.

the script is for v3 logs since i haven't got new ones. You can download
it as:
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~janssenm/logstats/rrd/feed_rrd.py

please let me now if you have problems with it. You need rrdtool. Reading
whole your backuped logs at once will increase your load (i was getting
from 0.2 to 1.6).

regards
Michael