MRTG Graph

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Sat Oct 5 19:30:24 IST 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Matt wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a way to roll logs each hour with MRTG?  What I
> think would be sooo nice is every hour have a MRTG log of how many messages,
> spams and virii plotted on a MRTG graph.  Then the next graph down would
> have 24 hour period or something.
>
> Not being a perl expert this is not a good job for me. ;<)
>
> Matt

Hi Matt

when i understand correctly, that the length (the shortness ;-) of the
intervall is your concern, i want to say, that i've done it with 5min
steps a few days ago.

you can find a first sample here:
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~janssenm/logstats/mail.gif
or mail2.gif for best resolution

im still wondering if i can reproduce it a portable and flexible way or
how to set up rrdtool-graphics to give usefull impressions (time-period
covered, resolution, labels of axis, several graphs on 1 gif and so on).

Tell me, when this is what your're looking for (otherwise i assume that
the kind of graphic people suspect from MRTG is something completly
different ;-).

Michael