Error with Content-Type

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Oct 2 21:42:12 IST 2002

Hi,

One of my users (using Outlook) just noticed that whenever a virus is
quarantined the attachment with the contents of the
stored.virus.message.txt file uses a charset="us-ascii" making it look
like it has a parity problem.

Since I use accented characters, a charset=ISO-8859-1 would be more
appropriate.

Could this be done?

I'm using mailscanner-3.22-14 on RH 7.3 and McAfee
Stored Virus Message Report  = /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/stored.virus.message.txt
MTA                = sendmail
Attachment Warning Filename = AlerteVirus.txt
Warning Is Attachment = no

BTW, shouldn't the "Warning Is Attachment = no" make this warning part
of the message body?

Here is an piece of the source of such a message:
-------------------------------------
--=-Aazr6az/KhvLs6qFFLrD

ATTENTION !!!
Au moins une pi=E8ce jointe =E0 ce message ne vous a pas =E9t=E9 transmise.
SVP lire la pi=E8ce jointe =ABAlerteVirus.txt=BB pour plus d'informations.

--=-Aazr6az/KhvLs6qFFLrD

Avertissement de la passerelle antivirus de l'Universit=E9 de Sherbrooke

La pi=E8ce jointe "bugbear.virus"
contient probablement un virus.  Elle a =E9t=E9 remplac=E9e par cet avertis=
sement.

Thanks!

Denis
--