Big problem.. help...

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Tue Nov 26 23:25:39 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 17:28, Richard Lynch wrote:
> I just restarted MailScanner and am getting the following error.
>

> > Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Sendmail.pm line 805,
> > <GEN112> line 15.
>
> I was updating to config to change the number of child processes from 5
> to 10.  I've changed it back to 5 but it still won't startup correctly.
> I have no idea how to correct this.  I'm getting many of these over and
> over again.

Follow up...

Whatever is causing this is related to some file in the mqueue.in
directory.  I renamed that directory and re-created an empty one and
MailScanner started up fine.  I had noticed that the directory had a
couple thousand files in it which is what prompted me to up the child
process count in the first place.  The is a K12 gateway machine and they
were being flooded with some k12 announcements.  I haven't yet figured
out which particular file(s) was causing this but at least the crisis is
over.

It gives one a disconcerting feeling when the gateway mail scanner won't
start and mail is pouring in.

--
Richard Lynch <rich at mail.wvnet.edu>