closing down mailscanner

Ron Campbell rc at ITSS.NERC.AC.UK
Mon Nov 25 21:01:07 GMT 2002

What is the preferred way to close down mailscanner?

I have a "pkill mailscanner" in the init script which appears to do the
job but I am accumulating  files /opt/MailScanner/var/MailScanner.XXXXX
and corresponding directories /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/XXXXX.
These seem to be left-overs and dont get cleaned up when I restart it.

This does not look correct ???

Or maybe I am not starting mailscanner correctly? [I am using the
check_mailscanner script.]

This is 4.05-3. Must say it looks pretty good so far - these are just
minor niggles (which I can probably figure out myself ?) but if someone
else has already figured out what to do I would be grateful.

                 Cheers ...  Ron