Help trying to install MailScanner 4.05-3 on SuSE 7.0

Alberto García Fumero alberto at CIED.RIMED.CU
Thu Nov 21 20:00:47 GMT 2002

El Thursday 21 November 2002 14:07, usted escribió:
> At 18:57 21/11/2002, you wrote:
> >El Thursday 21 November 2002 10:15, usted escribió:
> > > You don't want to be using the sendmail init.d script. The MailScanner
> > > init.d script will start up the 2 required sendmail processes as well
> > > as MailScanner itself. So disable the sendmail one and just use the
> > > MailScanner one.
> >
> >Excuse me. I must be dumb! What is that init.d script?
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner or /etc/init.d/MailScanner.
It isn't here.
I downloaded the version marked "Other Linux" or so, not the rpm. Sometimes
rpm's meant for Red Hat don't work properly in SuSE.
I am trying to download the rpm, and to take a look at "useful scripts", but
the download speed is, well, lousy (pardon my french!).
I try to install from sources whenever possible. Are there significant
differences between the source and the rpm?
--
MSc. Alberto García Fumero
Centro de Información para la Educación